About Me

My photo
Im thanking God for each and every day!

Saturday, May 2, 2009

Love and respect

There are alot of great lessons in the bible, and alot ring true to my heart, but lately Ive been foccusing on Jesus's comandment to love our neighbors. For myself thats easier said han done. What I mean is... its easy for me to love those who are good to me, but sometimes I forget about those who are not, like the nagging neighbor or the tyrant boss, and as ive been learning, I find myself now trying to respect them first as children of God and understand that we are all human and are not perfect, and I know love will shortly follow. I wanted to share this verse that caused me to think this way its from a book called Love and Respect by Dr. Emerson Eggerichs and of coarse the bible.


"Suppose you love those who love you. Should anyone praise you for that? Even 'sinners' love those who love them" (Luke 6:32)

thank you for leting my share.

11 comments:

  1. This is so important for us all to learn. The Bible says the first and great commandment is to love God with all mind heart and soul and the second one is to love your neighbor as yourself. I'd say that makes it pretty important to God. I'm glad you shared this with us. By the way, do you know Ginger?
    Blessings,
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jen... a wonderful reminder... I think that sometimes this is the hardest for me too... thank you for sharing this blessing today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! What a good post. I also love the quote which is the title of your Thursday post. I noticed you like to read motivational books. You might want to drop by my post and sign up for The Gold Standard. My blog is http://clif74blog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Jen:
    This was written for me. I currently have a rude customer like never before. She probably needs more love (of Christ) than anyone else right now. Boy, is this hard when she returns my reaching out to her with such nastiness. So I will prevail in His strength. Thanks for the nudge today and thank you for the kind comment you left me when you visited. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great thought to share- thanks and be blessed

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an great post!! I need to put that verse somewhere I can read it everyday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good idea: to first respect people as God-loved.If He respects and loves them, we SHOULD.

    ReplyDelete
  8. God so loved the world...and the world is a big place and includes every person. That love walk is a tough one isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jen,
    What a great and wonderful post. We all need to think like this. My husband and I did a Love and Respect class at church in small groups it was wonderful. It make me so happy that you shared this with us today, you are truly such a sweet sweet person and I have been blessed ny knowing you.
    Blessing,
    Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that verse, and thank you for reminding me of it today. I hope you have a blessed day*!
    _Ashley*

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow ... I needed to read these words today! Just last week I was struggling not to be swept up in the venom and angst that hung in the air around my desk. Needing desperately to stay employed, I had to stifle my own impulsive reactions.
    Thank you for reminding us to love.

    ReplyDelete